NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New grey mom and new to the boards

Hi all,

Thought I would introduce myself and my handsome bird Echo. Echo is a 5 month old Congo, although he is sweet at times he is a bit hard headed. We just brought him home on Saturday so maybe it is just him getting use to us. He is the clumisest thing I have every seen, but extrememely endeering in his personality. He doesn't seem to like any treat that i offer him so it has been hard to get him going on training, but i am still giving it my best with lots of prais when he steps up. I try offering new treats daily to no avail. If anyone has any ideas or any help to offer that would be wonderful. Anyway, hope to be around for a long time.

Jody

Aka Echo's Mom

Welcome Jody! It really is early days for you and Echo, I am sure you will win him over.

What have you been trying as treats? My guys love nuts, almonds, walnuts, pine nuts... I chop them quite small so it doesnt take them too long to eat it. The longer it takes them to eat it the more likely they will forget what I have been trying to teach them :laugh:

So yay! I think he is finally starting to figure out that he doesn't need to bite me. I didn't get bite once yesterday that makes me feel so much better. Now if I could just figure out what treats this guys likes. So far all I seem to be able to find out is that he like green beans.. Or atleast that is all he will take from me anyway lol

Here are a few pictures i took of him yesterday

DSCF0583-1.jpg

DSCF0578-1.jpg

DSCF0579-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: EchosMom, at: 2008/06/27 22:54

Hello Jody and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Echo.

It takes some time for them to settle in a new home so be very patient with him and his dexterity will improve with time and then he will be climbing all over his cage.

It will take trial and error to find out what his favorite things are but most seem to like different kinds of nuts and most love cheese but that should be fed with moderation.

I hope that a lot of reading includes this forum, we do have lots of threads with useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to find some answers for you and help you in any way we can.

Thanks for sharing some pictures of Echo with us, he is a good looking grey.