NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Addition!

Hello,

I just wanted to jump on the band wagon and introduce myself here. I am a 24 year old proud mother of a 13 year old Timneh African Grey names Zazu.

Zazu came to us after we adopted him from a rescue. As far as I know, he lived with a couple who gave him up because "he had bite them" and after living in the rescue for some time he was moved into a foster home until he came to live with us!

He has a closed band that shows he was actually born in 1995 in Idaho. We are unsure as to how he made it to Wisconsin. I do wonder about finding who his breeder was, but I am not sure how hard that would be. There are more numbers on his band, but I am unsure of their meaning.

Well I am glad to be on this forum. I have looked into it for some time and am finally a member. I would love to talk to anyone about toy ideas, bird behavior, and other things!

Nicole<br><br>Post edited by: NLJohnso, at: 2008/06/24 18:22

Hello Nicole and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Zazu.

I'm so happy to hear you found it in your heart to give this rescue a home, imagine that, they gave him up because he bit them, I can't figure out why in the world he would do that, how odd is that.:S

We have lots of threads here that deal with all sorts of issues, behavior, feeding, cages, toys and you name it we have a thread for it. Read thru them for lots of ideas and suggestions and ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer them and help you in any way we can.

If you have any other pictures, besides the one in your avatar, of Zazu you would like to share with us we would love to see them, he looks like a handsome fella.

Actually Zazu's name came with him! Which is quite fitting, because I also have "Zuri" (which means beautiful) and Kanga (which is short for Kangaroo.. she use to jump around instead of walk when she was younger) in our home. Kanga and Zuri are both cats, but they are just as important to me (pictures on my profile!). They don't seem to care much for Zazu.

Also, I have been told that Zazu is the name of the Disney character bird in the Lion King.

I will have to get more pictures of us up soon!

hey nicole welcome to the forum!

THANK YOU for adopting an older grey. my merlin is 4 years old and came from a parrot rescue. every day is a joy and a wonder.

i am in WI as well. may i ask generally where you are located?

again, welcome aboard!

-s