NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello I,m New Here.

Hello Everyone,

Great to meet you all. I have 2 congos. Zeus and Mia. Cute little buttons they are. They are 5 years old.

We made their home all natural so they can feel as comfortable as possible.

Destructive little tikes at times but the good thing is with natural everything and living in the forest lol it can be replaced at any time free.

We haev a lot of work happening with these 2. We only had them about 3 weeks now and the people before us never gave a hoot bout them just wanted to breed them I guess but I think the little rascals new it so they never gave them their wish lol.

They were in a small cage 24-7 before no love they were never home and no attention. SO now its like starting with new babies except with their bad habits that need change.

I am home with them 24-7 mostly and I,m giving them the most attention humanly possible as well as anything they need.. They both have a lot of fear of humans t o get over but they are coming along very well for the short while I have had them it has shocked me.

So I will be asking alot of questions and ideas so we can get these 2 too relax and talk and come to me more.

We built them more of an indoor aviary then a cage wanting them to have all the room they can to relax and do as they need.Its big enough to fly in abit so they can stretch their wings anytime with no problem.

I want to say this is an excellent forum and your doing a wonderful job here keep up the great work.

Thank You

Hello Shyfire and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your greys, Zeus and Mia.

I am so happy you could give these two greys a loving home and the environment they need to be healthy and happy in. That is so cruel that they were kept in such a small cage, never to be let out with no love or attention.

It sounds like you have accomplished a lot in the 3 weeks you have had them and I am sure with lots of time and patience they will come around and trust you, just keep working at it.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Zeus and Mia you would like to share with us we would love to see them.:)

Welcome ShyFire, Zeus and Mia!!!

How wonderful of you to take in these two 5 year old Greys. You do have a lot of work to do in the trust building department, but it sounds like you are already seeing positive results from your 24/7 presence and interaction with them at whatever level that is presently.

Looking forward to all your questions and more photos of your Zeus and Mia. :-)