NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi I am new here

Hi ,

I am new here and will be bringing my CAG baby home at the end of July! I have his cage all setup and ready but he will just be 7 weeks old so we have him a smaller cage setup for weaning until he gets better cordination for his larger cage. I am happy to be here and I am a longtime Grey lover!

Hello Cagal08 and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new baby grey.

Sounds like you may have had a grey before since you are a longtime grey lover. Do you have any other birds right now? You must also have some handfeeding experience since you are getting an unweaned baby.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you get the chance to take some pictures of your new baby if you would share some with us we would love to see him.

Cagal, welcome here :) It's good to have you join us.

You as well? I read lately of so many new members about to have their new greys come home. That is just great! I am sure you are going to enjoy from him ;)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)

Yes Judy my first parrot was a grey that was wild caught and it took me probably a good 6mos with constant contact with him to make him a wonderful pet bird. He was a timneh tho and from his leg band we did research and found out he had been imported atleast 24yrs but he learned to talk and was basically like a handfed bird. I could do anything with him and he was my bird 100%. Several years passed and my husband got a job transfer and we had to give Pepper up due to living in apartments that did not allow pets and back then we didn't chance being caught and I was alot younger and now I can say these days no one would make me give up any of my pets! I then went on working in the atmosphere that I loved and worked for a man that raised parrots and thats when I learned to handfeed and for the next 10 plus years I did nothing but handfeed baby parrots and its been 16 yrs now that I have been back in my own home town and we own our own home and now I feel that I am ready to take on my own grey and raise him with lots of love. I have been employed working for an exotic vet for the last 6 yrs and we see all sorts of parrots and exotics. I am very familiar with all species of birds, I have handfed from parakeets to Macaws but the greys have always had my heart. I just could never find a breeder of greys close to me so I went searching in surrounding states and got stiffed on my first deposit on a Timneh grey and then found another breeder of Congos that another forum member recommended me to and so far I don't think I could have found a better breeder and she is only 3 hrs from me :) Thats about it in a nut shell.

Gosh thanks for the background of your life and your experience with greys and handfeeding, I would say you are well qualified to raise a grey baby.

How lucky are you to be able to work with all kinds of parrots and exotic pets and what wonderful experience and knowledge that brings into your life, you know so much more than a lot of us do, we should be asking you for advice.

Congrats on finding a suitable breeder and soon you will have that baby grey and no one will be able to take that away from you. As we age we find out what is more important and our greys are like our own children and we would never give them up.

BTW, I love the drawing of the two greys in your avatar.:)

Welcome to the forum. It was really a great introduction, I'm glad to hear you are getting a new baby and have lots of experience in this dept already! There's nothing quite like a little grey to steal your heart away, is there?