NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

References for Growth Phases?

Nychsa

Dan, that is a great idea - keeping track of a larger sampling from the site here. That might give us enough data to draw some conclusions about things that impact our greys - weather as you mentioned, molting, flying etc.. I think any information that can help us ensure they are healthy is valuable - particularly given that they hide any illness so well.

I've got Bella's weight in a little booklet, I'll put it into a graph and post it as well.

Oh - by the way - Jiggy is up 10 grams too and he's flying around like a maniac. 10 grams is a lot of that little guy. He's now coming in at 115 grams. But, regardless of how well Bella ends up flying, I just don't see her doing the sharp angles and turns he does, or that elegant hover he's got going on. He hovers over something before he decides whether to go for it or not. He's still a miserable little hit and run artist though! Dive bombs anything shiney or metalic!

Hi there Pat!

Wow Tyco is big! Well, from hearing the sizes that Dave's birds are and Tyco, I think Bella is one of the big-boned birds, but she's at the lower end of that scale. So, I think she's more then likely fine weight wise. I am going to chart it like Dan and Mark are to see what environmental changes or other conditions cause her to gain or loose weight. We don't have much else to go by re: keeping on top of illnesses, so weight gain/loss is a pretty good metric to collect.

Cheers!

Terri