NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tech ?, not sure where to post

Acappella

Hi guys. I borrowed a digital camera from a friend so that I could document some of Dorian's goofiness, and of course now I want to share it with you! Problem. I don't have any video editing software. I want to be able to edit out his long periods of silence between outbursts, and to make the file small enough to put on photobucket. Something really easy to use, as I'm not exactly gifted when it comes to computers, and cheap/free would be great, as I'm also not rolling in cash. Any advice from you computer wizzes out there?

You really do need editing software. Most work like this--With the editing software, you watch the video and on the bottom of the screen, there's a marker that's slowly moving from left to right in tune with the video. When you come up to the bad part, you click the marker and then let the video continue. When the video gets to the good part, you click the marker again. So, there's 2 visible markers. depending upon what software you're using, there's an area that tells you to delete. The areas that get deleted are between the first marker and second marker.

There's a camera called a "Flip" that has all the video editing stuff you need right on the camera, and it also prepares the video for YouTube and the the other video upload sites. I've used one and it's relatively cheap, great for online use, and lets you cut out all the boring stuff, just like you said. Highly recommended for bird people or anyone that wants quick, easy and sharable video.

Best of all: the Flip costs less than most video editing software packages, and doesn't require you to go back to school to learn to use. :P

Here's a link:

http://www.theflip.com/products.shtml

Good deal I'll have to get myself one My daughter took my vidio camera to a concert after I told her not too and lost it so all I have now is a digital camera it does have a short vid setting but no sound and with Greys you want sound or its no fun

Canadian_Girl.jpg

Thanks Melissa, I didn't even know it was on my machine. But now I can't get Movie Maker to talk to my friend's camera. It's a Panasonic, which runs any video it takes in the format for QuickTime. In order to get access to editing funtions in QuickTime I have to buy the pro version of the software. Since I know the camera I'm going to buy isn't a Panasonic, I'm not going to fork over money for sonthing that might not work with whatever I do get. I hate this proprietary stuff! Long story short, everyone here may have to wait until I can afford to buy a camera myself to see 'The Dorian Show':P