NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Summer Holidays

siobha9

Well I am in the same boat with ya Siobhan, I am going no where this summer either but I do have plans for a trip this December. My hubby and I, our two kids, their spouses and two of the grandkids are going to Disney World for a week but that is close to six months away.

Well, I am one of the boring ones here. I have never had a vacation in over 25 years. This is the first year I could actually take one with out a husband telling me NO! But since I just bought a new house and all new furniture, I am living in my new vacation!! :woohoo: :blink:

We are a very exciting bunch aren't we? Is no one going anywhere exciting? At least I'm not jealous. Judy Disney World sounds brilliant, even it if is 6 months away. I have been to Disneyland Paris, I'm not sure if it is anything like it, but we did have a great time.

Tracy I have been to Ireland... thats not exciting:laugh: Just lots of sheep and cows and very bad roads ;)

As for the rest of us... looks like we shall just have to enjoy each others company:P

Well, if no one can go on vacation this summer. Then take just a small portion of the money you would have spent and create a nice outdoor aviary for your much beloved Parrots. Materials are cheap and most husbands could put one together fairly fast.

For those of you not married, hire a hunk to do it and watch him sweat. ;-)

Ok, I am going to a place called "Michigan's Adventure" which is an amusement park and water park. Right here in Michigan, so I won't have to take out a second mortgage in order to pay for the gas to get there. This will be in August, over a long weekend. We're keeping it low key this year as we've been slowly but surely trying to do some remodeling around here.

This is, of course, unless Dan wants to come over and build an aviary so I can watch him sweat. That would be worth a couple of dollars! LOL

LOL - Ok all you love muffins. :-) Hmmmm, maybe I could start a new career as a "Hunk Aviary Builder". ;) B)

Laura - Your vacation sounds fun!!

We are taking the 4th of July week off. Just going to go up to the Sequoia National Forest (7000 ft) which is only a drive straight up from Visalia about 35 miles. Camp for a few days and enjoy the rivers, lakes, Giant Sequoia trees and hiking. We'll take Dayo for some real out in the wild adventures. Hopefully no Bears etc will come into camp, as they do if you have food out, as some MORONS due. :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/06/17 16:00

Do you bring Dayo in a backpack or in a harness? I would be afraid to bring my guys camping in case they got freaked out by the new sights and sounds.

Sounds like my kind of weekend though... I am beginning to turn a slight shade of green.;)

I will take a small carrying cage for Dayo to stay in for sleeping or if we just need to put him up for a while.

We also will have him harnessed and out with us rooming around. :-)

I am interested to see how he reacts, if at at to the campfire we build evey night for cooking and just enjoying it. He seems to like the fireplace roaring in the winter.