NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

need some help with my Grey

Staceywe

Hi My Grey Jackie is a 14 month old hen and is just completing her first molt and has been using her head to preen her down feathers under her wings, itchy I guess! But about midway between her molt, a week ago, she developed redness in her white patches of skin around her eyes, more so on the right then the left side. I took her to the vet who thinks it is her molt and using her head to rub her itchy pin feathers that might be causing this. It is still teir but looks a little better, actually a little bluer like a bruise now in spots. The vet checked her white patches looking through a magnifying glass and said the irritation was definitely under the skin, no skin lesions. Any Ideas or experiences with this before. Thanks in Advance, Stacey.

Lusby, Maryland

she showers with me twice a week and I drench her pretty good. She is still molting and has pinfeathers on the back of her neck but does not like me touching the down feathers under her wings and she is rubbing her face against her down feathers sometimes so I am guessing she has Pins there to and they are bothering her and when she rubs the pins are irritating her white around her eyes. Just want to make sure none of you have seen this and there be another cause that is treatable and I miss it. This forum is a great place to share info in cases just like mine. Thanks for the input and any advice