NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

newbie introduction

{Communicate-000200D6}good morning to everyone at the grey forums. My name is Tonja (pronounced tonya) my african greys name is Harley he is 11 weeks old i have hand reared him myself from 4 weeks old, i have previously owned a blue-crowned conure, i have also rescued (fostered) and rehomed an ill treated blue fronted amazon.{Nature-00020095} This is my first time handfeeding and rearing a baby bird and have enjoyed every minute iof it. Harley has completley bonded to me it is great i love him sooo much.{Love-00020118}I have joined the forum to make new friends with the same interests as me ( the african grey ) also i have very little knowledge of the grey other than what i have read in a few books so i would also like to learn from the expertise and knowledge of other grey owners.

HOPE TO MEET SOME OF YOU GUYS ONLINE SOON, HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY

Tonja & Harley

Tonja & Harley welcome here :) I am very happy you joined us. I can very much imagine how much you must love Harley. And am curious.... do you have a photo of him? :blush:

hi fairy yes here is a photo of harley taken about a week ago there are others on my profile page feel free to check them out :cheer: [/size] 100_1852bc.JPG

Post edited by: harley280308, at: 2008/06/14 12:35<br><br>Post edited by: harley280308, at: 2008/06/14 12:37

100_1852bc.JPG

Hello Tonja and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Harley.

Well you certainly came to the right place to learn a lot about the grey and get firsthand knowledge from a bounty of greyt owners who feel about their greys just like you do. We are special people who love and care about their birds and we understand how you feel and only someone who has a grey knows what that is like, you have excellent taste.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

You have a beautiful baby grey and I also checked out your profile pics, thanks for sharing them with us.:)

Welcome Tonja & Harley!!!

What a GreYt introduction and nice photos you have posted of Harley. :-)

At 11 weeks old they are so cute. he is one fine looking CAG.

One thing I did notice, is an ashtray with ciggarettes in it. Soking indoors around your Grey is very bad for them or any other Parrot. They breath in much deeper than we do and have very sensitive respiratory systems.

I smoke, but only outside and in bed (but in a physical way). :-)

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

B) hi there danmcq yes you did see an ashtray in one of the pics and yes i do smoke but this pic was taken before we brought harley home, i also smoke oustide in the kitchen etc... but i always have the air purifier on maximum when i do, i didn't want you all to think im cruel my mis:( take for leaving it there thanks for noticing though i could have been seriously damaging my poor baby

Hi Tonja and welcome here. Harley looks like a beautiful bird and just as spoiled as the rest of ours are! I have a blue crown conure as well- they are such sweet birds aren't they? Hope you enjoy your time here and learn all you are seeking to know.

hi fairy

thanks for the compliment, i designed his platform and ladder myself then sent off the drawings and had it made for me, i decided to hang the toys under the platform to make the most of the room in his cage.

hi lyric,

im sooo glad to be here i need soooo much help im just a beginner with the CAG's

Welcome Tonja and Harley, i am a new member to and only joined yesterday, you have the same cage as me.

he looks like a lovely bird i wish i had the time to hand rear my own.

My parrot is now 5 months old and is nearly potty trained, he is just too lazy to fly to his tray :laugh:

good morning mansley,

Harley will be 12 weeks old tomorrow, i have had good times and bad times handrearing it is not as easy as it seems, but i have enjoyed every minute, you may be interested in my website????? www.freewebs.com/harleytheafricangrey

take a look if you wish.

how do you potty train s it easiy to do????

I'm intrigued please tell me

what is your cag's name?, do you have a pic?

tonja x:)

tonja x