NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

do you think its possible

Tycos_mom

My Cag has been going over to my Amazons cage latley they are about the same size bird she doesn't seem to be doing this in aggresive way do you think she just wants to be friends. I panic and move her every time she does this which is about 2 times a week do you think I should wait a few minutes to see if they will get along. They have been in the same room with each other for eight months and in that time they have been out of their cages at the same time always. I went to make the tea and some breakfast once and when I came back and Fergie was in Tyco cage and Tyco was on top just looking at her I don't know what to do in this situation

Animation1.gif

Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/06/12 19:26<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/06/12 19:29

Sure, you gotta find out if they get along. Loads of different species of birds get along, some don't but they as well as you need to let it happen or not. That's the only way. Have a neutral area away from the cages and put a playstand in that area and when it seems like they can cope with each other while each is on it's own cage , put both on the stand and watch. At first, they may not put up with each other but you should try it several times so that you'll find out whether they will get along. It's done all the time.

kkkkkkkk.jpg

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/06/12 19:33<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/06/12 19:45

I second what Dave has said. Seeing as though no one is missing toes and there has been no big fight it's worth a shot at seeing if they get along.

Dave - I love the picture. The red lored is one of my favs of the Amazons.

It would be so good if they could become friend mabie if Fergie had a bird friend she wouldn't be such a velcro bird. Its hard to get anything done with a parrot attached to you constantly:woohoo: :kiss:

Chat_later_patricia-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/06/13 05:49