NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Breakfast in a cardboard tube

Tycos_mom

My birds eat so much better when they have to work for it I put a baby carrot a walnut 2 snap peas a green bean few baby greens a piece of broccoli and some pine nuts into a paper towel roll and folded the ends the get so excited and by the time the get into it that food taste great they eat every single bit of it. I i put the samw foor in their bowls they pick out what the like and leave the rest I have no clue why its so different to them but it is and if thats what gets them to eat whats good for them the I'll save every cardboard tube and get all my friends to save theirs also.

Goodmorning_Patricia-1.jpg

That's really amazing, exciting and fantastic!!! If you need anymore, just email me and I'll send you a load of custom made toilet cardboard rolls with matching french paper towel rolls. All of them have the famous crimped edge that makes them stand out from all the others Anything for you honey pie.

Well, I tried this cardboard tube idea for Talon. And although she likes the sound of it when I shake it, she isn't interested in finding out what's inside of it. :(

It's been about a week, but I think I'll leave it in her cage while I'm at work tomorrow, and see if she's bored enough to work on it. She is a lazy grey, and doesn't like to work to get to her food! :pinch:<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/06/09 03:39

I have been doing that with Klaus, but putting a peanut or walnut in there. So of course, he'll do anything to get that stuff!

I hadn't thought of sneaking something a little more nutritious in like a carrot stick!

Good idea...