NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

making moaning sound

i recently got my Grey at the moment his with me for 1week now,

this evening he started making a bad noise while eating,

wen i try to touch him he tries to bite me.and continues eating

what could this be

It's hard to say without a little more information such as, how old is he, where did he come from, what is his history, how were you feeding him, and what? Is he used to having to protect his food from others, etc. Maybe if you could give us some of this history, we could better help you. :dry:

i think he 3months old? he is still now at present moaning and seems to want more food,im still new to this experiance.

im feeding him the mixed seeds that we get here in south africa,with fresh water

he's way to young to be off hand feeding formula and also you should put out a variaty of fresh foods cut up small on the bottom of his cage in shallow dishes or a plate they eat off the ground in the wild and might not recognise that its food if you put it in a regular food dish your baby is proubly hungry and not able to get enough food to eat on is own yet you must feed your baby like his parents would you can try giving him warm baby food off a spoon or handfeeding formula in a shringe just be very careful if you don't know how to hand feed use a spoon so you the baby can eat off the soon itself or ask the person you got the bird from to help you learn to hand feed him

Goodmorning_Patricia-1.jpg

Ditto on what the others stated regarding the formula feedings. At only 12 weeks old, he still needs the formula at least 2 times a day minimum at 60cc of a high quality formula such as Katee exact.

Does he drink water on his own yet?

This could become very serious in a short amount of time without properly providing him with formula and letting him wean naturally which occurs around 16 to 18 weeks old.

Hi Tabba

I'm also in Cape Town, I think you should take the baby to the vet for a check up, the vet will be able to tell you what you should be feeding him and if he is too young to be eating only solids.

Dr Nisck is a great avain vet in Panorama his number is 021 5581625, you can call him and describe the symptoms he will give you advice over the phone or ask you to bring the bird in.