NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fluffy Grey?

Big_Squishy

Ok so I have been reading around the site more often and have seen it mentioned that Greys fluff up as a defence mechanism. My grey BoBo fluffs up all of the time. However, he does not try to bite me, there is no screaming or screaching.

I am worried that BoBo is feeling threatened? Nothing other than the fluffing apears to point to this? Any thoughts??

Guest Skuffy

When my Max does it to me "Fluff Up"..I just say to him,,Wooooo..Your a Big Boy,as it also means he's showing you how big he is,,lol..

A comfortable Grey who wants to be with you will move towards you or fluff up a little bit and shake his feathers to let you know he is relaxed and friendly .Comfortable , trusting Greys rarely exhibit the posture associated with normal vigilance of prey animals .You will know when that happens , if ever.Sometimes if they are playing and attacking a toy , you might notice this . If there are no signs of illness, continual fluffing with sluggishness, then it sounds like your guy is very relaxed.

Mary

Guest Skuffy

Phew..thanks bettyboop..Max does fluff at me,and bounce up and down...Great to know its a nice thing aswell as a show of defence..;)