NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

hairpasta

I have this cage:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=160210826908&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI.

When I got it, it had a few very small places where it was chipped. Should I be concerned? It says that the cage is wrought iron powder coated.

Does anyone else have this cage or one similar? What if it's not made as described? Is there any way to tell?

Also, I painted my house about a year ago, and I was touching up a spot where her cage rubbed against the wall. I read on the can that it says that the paint can let off lead dust if chipped. Huh? How much should I be concerned about the paint on the walls?

Unrelated, but you know those plastic baby links? She has some I hang in her cage as toys. Are they safe, as in what is the likelihood of her getting her head stuck in them? They're kinda like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-TYSA862-Lively-Links/dp/B000RF8CTY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1212812024&sr=1-2 but I string them up.

I live in fear that something will happen to my baby. Is anyone else like this?

The cage looks fine, a few small chips are nothing to worry about. It's when there is a bunch of rust everywhere you look is when there is something to worry about. Unless your home was build before 1978 there should be zero lead in the paint. If your home is newer than that there is nothing to be worried about with some paint being chipped. Heck, the Blue Throated Macaws at my work have peeled the paint off the wall by the back room door more times then anyone can count and they are just fine. But OMG get those toys out of there!!!!!!! Hahahah, just kidding. Those are fine, I have some similar to them for my grey Elmo. Are you a new owner? It seems everyone is a on edge when they first get their babies home, but you soon find yourself less worried about them because bird safty and hazard awareness become second nature.