NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello All!

Hello everyone!

My name is Aaron, and I'm a bird lover looking to hopefully get a CAG soon. I've been researching their feeding, cage, and social needs, as well as health maintenance needs and I feel that I'm fairly well prepared (though is anyone every totally prepared? ;-)). I'm here to get involved with a community, read advice from and talk to owners, and hopefully find a breeder in Washington State.

My hope is to actually obtain a CAG from a home who that no longer take care of one -- I have ample time during the day to pay attention to a bird, and I feel it would be best used to help a bird adjust to a new environment and recover from losing their "flock."

If you have any questions about me, why I want a CAG, or anything let me know! Cheers!

Welcome Aaron! I'm happy you joined our family. You have come to the right place to learn all you can. Please read through the various topics and threads. And feel free to ask anything. We have so many knowledgeable members here, there is always answers to your questions.

B)

Hello Aaron and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your quest for a grey.

Thats so commendable of you to want to take in a rescue or rehomed grey and they do present a more difficult adjustment to a new home but the results can be very rewarding. You are doing the right thing in researching and learning all you can and you certainly came to the right place for help.

If you haven't already please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

Welcome Aaron!!!

It's nice to have you here. It is also good to hear you have been doing your research, while considering the option of getting a CAG.

Rescuing or adopting a Grey or any other parrot for that matter is a wonderful thing to do. If you are the type of person that will put the love, patience and time into providing him/her with the environment they need to flourish and live out their human length lives of possibly 60 to 70 years.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.