NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot Owners Prepared Pack for Lost Bird’s

Zarlock

After my recent experience losing Tui I discovered that a lot of the good information was not well ranked in search engines. So I set about making a document that covers as much as I could about being prepared before hand for a lost bird and hints and tips to find one once lost. It is longer and more detailed than the usual one web page advice given and I have added tips to prepare before hand and some of the issues I faced that I could not see covered already.

The document is available at www.mindfithypnosis.com/lostparrot.htm

It is free for anyone to share and spread along the web and the parrot community. Any additions that someone wants to add just email me and I will update the document.

I think this is some of the most important information I have ever learned and hope that it stimulates some action by parrot owners, I never did myself

Cheers

Andrew

I haven't read the entire document you provided a link for, that will require a little more time but I can't thank you enough for doing this. It looks like it was well thought out and provides good information that every bird owner should read and have handy if god forbid they find themselves in the same situation as you are in right now.

My heart goes out to you right now and I cannot imagine what you are feeling but I pray that Tui will find his way home or someone will see him and return him to you.

Andrew, I am so sorry that Tui flew away. I have watched your videos on Youtube so many times, hoping that one day my Obi and I will have a wonderful relationship and as much fun as you and Tui have.

God works in mysterious ways. Don't lose hope. Miracles do happen and you may just locate your Tui. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless!

Debbie

Andrew, with your permission. I would like to see this article published here at www.greyforums.net. I think it is very valuable information for all bird owners. Please send me a pm, on your thoughts.

And again, my condolences, please keep the faith, you and Andrew could still be reunited. Keep looking for him, he's looking for you. :(

Thank you Andrew for putting this together and propagating it around the web as much as possible. It has a ton of useful facts and information that will greatly benefit any parrot owner that experiences the terrible event of watching their beloved Parrot fly away.

If this could be made an Article on this site that is highly visible and easily found, it would be great.

I know when our Conure flew off, the first reaction was to try and watch where it went, until it was out of sight. The second was looking, listening and calling for him and the 3rd was to come to this forum for advice and help.

The support and advice one receives from a community of experienced parrot owners is both a support group for the person experiencing the loss and a wealth of helpful advice in finding and retrieving it.

Again, thank you Andrew!!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/06/06 13:20