NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Andy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Billy.

You don't need to rush Billy into talking as he will do that on his own and in his own time. They usually start mimicing sounds and doing what I call jibberish, making sounds that are like words but you can't understand them yet. A few will not talk at all, just because they are greys is no guarantee they will talk but most do, my grey did not start talking untill she was 1 year old, so you have plenty of time.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Billy you would like to share with us we would love to see him.

You been talking to the wrong people, you don't teach a grey to talk, they choose to talk and say what they want to say but you can help by talking to him, even just reading the newspaper, book or magazine to him lets him hear words and phrases and he will pick what he wants to repeat, usually they choose ones with some sort of emphasis on the tones.

Welcome Andy and Billy!!

Congratulations on having a 6 month old baby Grey. I would imagine he is already starting to mimic sounds, noises and probably creating some combinations of his own. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos of Billy when you get a chance.

Hello & Welcome! 6 months is young for some greys to talk. Just keep talking to him, having patience, and know that he probably won't talk until at least a year old, or not at all. Love him unconditionally. B)