NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi all

{Feel-good-0002006E}

That has to go down on record as the shortest introduction EVER :laugh: :P

Welcome to the Grey forum, is there any chance you could tell us a teensy weensy bit more about you and your greys?????

Sending some karma your way for making me laugh;) :whistle:

Hello Archna and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you especially since you didn't tell us anything in your introduction.

I gather that you must have two new grey babies, but how old are they, what are their names, do you have any other parrots or birds?

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of your babies you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Oh ya, apologize for the short intro. I started to go on but my boss handed me a cool mag to look at so I cut it short...

But anyway, Im from Jacksonville, Florida. My fiance bought his mother and I baby Greys. They just turned 5wks, they are 2 days apart. I named mine Raja ( meaning Prince in Indian) and the other is named Chin se ( meaning Prince in Korean). Im Indian and fiance's mother is Korean. I have a Blue Front Amazon at my mom's house. My parents bought him as our pet about 20 years ago. MY baby Grey is my first hand fed baby. I just want to make sure I raise my baby to be the best Grey it can be. I know the Grey is going to be the most spoiled grey ever. We are pet crazy and provide what ever they need.

Yeah I can see how we would take second place to a cool mag:huh: ha ha, just kidding.:laugh:

So you're not new to birds just handfeeding baby ones, well you certainly came to the right place, we have a nursery room that is filled with all kinds of info on handfeeding and socializing your baby grey.

We all want the same thing for our greys and believe me all our greys are spoiled rotten including mine, you gotta love them as they are so adorable.:P

Ya i've got so much great info on handfeeding and schedule for my Grey. Im just so nervous and always worried about him while at work because raising a baby is all new to me. It's so crazy how much I love that little guy. Everytime I look at him his helplessness makes pick him up, hold him and never want too put him back down!

Oh one quick question. How long will they need the heating pad?

Ok that explains a little.... so another question... what sort of a boss gives their employees magazines to read and where can I find one like that:laugh: ?

Raja and Chin se... they are lovely names. Are they being raised in the same house? They will be such good friends with each other.

I am sorry I can't help you on the heating pad question as I have never had tiny babies, but someone will be along shortly to answer that question!

Siobhan

Ya, My boss is quite different. I work in an Architect firm. All we do is draw cool homes and business's, so everytime he comes across a good design Mag or a Mag with pretty women it's always set on my desk! He's so silly!.

Well as far as my babies... My Fiances' mother is taking her baby with her to Pennsylvania on Wednesday :( they are planning on moving to Fl soon. I know my little man is going to be so lonely since he's spent all his time with his bud. We have 2 dogs too. Hopefully He'll be entertained by the dogs when we are not home...

Welcome Archna!!

Can't wait t osee what type of glorious Cage you will design for your Grey. Considering you work for an Architecting firm. ;-)

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing photos of that cute baby grey. :-)

Hi Archna, welcome here. You will need to provide your baby with heat until he is fully feathered and ready to go in a regular cage. Be sure that he has some way to get away from the heat as well in case he gets hot while you are away from home.

Thank you for the info! she just started moving from the heated side of the box to the non-heated... She's going on 6 weeks...Is it too early to put little foot toys in there now? She's up more and always picking at the brooder and bedding...