NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

help please!!!

Hi everyone recently bought cag, he is so brill love him to bits,called him meko he's

19 weeks old and trying to talk his wolf whistle is the best,anyway I am unsure what food to feed him one pet shop says pellets the other one says seeds.he wont eat any greens the only veg he will eat is carrots and he loves them. any feedback would be appreciated thanks peter & meko

Hello Peter and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Meko.

Meko is a lovely name for a grey, has he been DNA as a male? At 19 weeks of age he might be trying to talk but that will probably come a little later, a lot of greys do not talk until they get around 1 year of age, including mine.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/bird-food/24030-whats-your-greys-diet.html

So you are unsure of what to feed Meko, I have included a link that has a lot of what we feed our greys in it but just do a search and you will find lots of threads that deal with the greys's diet.

Most of us do feed pellets for half or more of their diet along with a few seeds but not too many as they have a lot of fat, something they don't need much of.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Meko you would like to share with us we would love to see him.:)<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/05/31 21:57