NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Thinking of selling my CAG

Demonio71

Hi all, been along time but here I am. My grey is now a little over a year and I think I need to sell him. I have alot going on in my life and its not right for him to be left out. Still not sure if I will part with him but its on my mind.

Do you mean you are just too busy for the bird? They do need attention but you have to make sure if you rehome him that he goes to a really good home! Of course, you know that. Maybe you know somebody who could foster him for you until your life calms down?

Great idea Pchela, or perhaps you could find someone to just help you with him for a while . Think about it long and hard.The lady , I bought my Cag from is so sorry , she sold him .

I am sure with time you will do the right thing and it is wonderful of you to be so concerned about his well being .

Good Luck ,

Mary

When I went away to college, my parents rehomed my conure within 1 month. I very reluctantly agreed, because they said he was unhappy without me. It was a terrible mistake that I deeply regret. It took a very long time for me to get over missing him, and to this day, I worry about him.

Having said that, if you find a good forever home for your bird, he probably won't be adversely affected. He's getting close to the age that he would be leaving the family in the wild. More than likely, he would adjust to a new home well.

Our lives are never the same. I have had months times that I had very little time for my birds. I gave them as much time as I could but during those times I keep in mind that things well settle down.

In many cases. Job chances, moving ect we do get busy but that does not mean we should give up the bird/birds.

Get a bigger cage spend as much time as you can with them and try not to worry so much. They are better off staying with us threw the rough times them being passed around.