NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Let's name this baby grey!

Pchela

My vote is for Dorian. I know we have 2 Dorians on this forum already, but that doesnt make the name common, it just makes it extremely clever!

I wish I had thought of it when naming my 2.... oh well I will just have to call my next grey Dorian :lol: :lol:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Well, my first choice was Gandalf because I'm also a huge geek! I've loved those books since I was about 8 or so! And Gandalf the Grey is just so perfect! But, it is common for a Grey and I don't know the sex yet.

The e sound makes sense for ease of pronunciation. Little kids always start with those sounds. I think I'll do a google search for Phoenix African Grey and see how many there are.

I like the way Greeley sounds but I can't find out if it actually means grey meadow or green meadow. There seems to be some confusion.

I kind of like Riardan right now just because of the meaning. Maybe if I name him minstrel he'll/she'll be a good talker!

I really like Gandalf, even if it is kind of common. I think it's okay for a girl too. I suggested Keegan in another thread on naming a grey. It means little fiery one. I used to have a conure, and almost used this name because it really fit his personality. I ended up going with Jesse James, which was also a perfect fit for the little outlaw. Poor guy was bird for the first 6 months though, because I had trouble deciding. I though about Schuyler (or Skyler) too.

My TAG is named Nikko, and is a girl. People often comment on why she has a boy's name. However, the woman that owned her before me named her that, and thought she was a girl (I DNA tested to find out).

Well, all of my other animals are named after favorite characters so I've decided to do that.

I have Yoshimi the cat, Maeby the cat and Peregrin(pippin) the Senegal. Here are some of my favorite characters that have cool names.

Gandalf the Grey

Floyd - Grey Haired (Pink Floyd of course)

Bard- Minstrel, singer, poet --- Killed Smaug

Gwaihir – wind lord (eagle in LOTR)

Ithilien – Moonland

Ithil – moon

Pellenor – fenced land

Rune- Secret

Lennon (John)

Nicodemus – Secret of Nimh

Ambrosios - Sir Didymus’s mount in Labyrinth

Adelei – Noble kind. (Adelei Niska from Firefly

Early (Jubal Early) from Firefly

Simon – Firefly

Atherton Wing - Firefly

Krycek - X files

Kenobi duh

those are some of them. I really like Adelei and Nicodemus a lot. I don't know if Nicodemus could be unisex. Thoughts?<br><br>Post edited by: Pchela, at: 2008/06/12 22:54

My guy is named Edison... I took the chance he was a guy and lucked out... haha... Though he was not named after Maxwell, but Thomas. Desmond sounds masculine to me too.

Jude is cute. Funny that was not the first beatles name to come mind.<br><br>Post edited by: Sevi, at: 2008/06/13 00:23

Hahaha, I wanted to name Elmo Stalin originally because of his "evil" humor but my b/f was like "you might as well name him Hitler!!! That name is blackballed"

I say let your grey name himself. I figure it might have taken me longer than the industrial revolution to name Elmo, but at least the name fits! Don't presure yourself...the perfect name will come to you...eventually! hahaha