NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rest In Peace, Alfie

KikoNman

On Feb. 11, 2008 we lost Alfie, our Congo Grey of twenty years. Vet said a blood clot or stroke - Alfie's health had been going down for the past year or so (feather abnormalities/continual molt/many blood feathers) and our Avian Vets were unsure as to what the problem was. We were devastated. The house was too quiet without him so we brought Kiko, our new Congo, into our lives and he is a delight (hatch date Jan 01, 2008). We are committed to providing the best of care and nutrition for him. Alfie was a pretty good talker and mimic. As of yet, Kiko just kind of mutters to himself (like Popeye) under his breath but we can tell he is working on things to say and imitate. In closing this little memorial, we say "Fly high Alfie, Pookie little parrot!"

Walt & Karen<br><br>Post edited by: KikoNman, at: 2008/05/29 18:10

BMustee,

Yes it was tough. I was in shock for two weeks. No kidding. Karen (my sweetheart) made sure that we visited a couple of pet shops where we could see birds and that helped and cemented our resolution to find a new bird. Kiko is a delight; a very agile climber and big for his age, affectionate as can be. I must go and let him out for play-time and to feed him. We still miss Alfie so, but now we have Kiko to fill most of the void. Love and treasure all the people and pets n your life, as we never know how quickly they may be gone.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Alfie at such a young Age. I can not imagine losing a Grey as you have after spending 20 years of enjoying, loving and laughing with them as a member of your Family.

It is good to hear that you are rebounding, but I do know Alfie will forever be in your heart and waiting for you on the other side. :-)