NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Hello my name is Rhonda

I am mom to a Sun named Napalm and soon a new baby TAG who I want to name Jack.

I have been lurking for a few days and I have learned a good deal so I signed up to join in.

Please check my post in the African Grey section. I tried to search but I still had a few more questions.

Hello Rhonda and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new Tag you want.

I also have a sun conure named Sunny and she is a delight to have, very different from my grey but a great bird to have the pleasure of enjoying.

So you want to name your grey Jack even if it is a female, I don't see anything wrong with that name for a female, everyone has their own tastes and if that is what you want then go for it, we have one member whose female grey is named Harrison but she thought it was a male then found out different and decided to keep the name since it has had it since she first got her.

Take some time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will do our best to find some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

My sun and my grey do not get along, the sun wants to nip at Josey if she gets the chance so I keep a distance between them when they are out. I seldom have both of them on me at the same time but if I do I have to keep them separated, one on each shoulder.

I got the sun first, I wanted to start out with a smaller parrot then when I had gained some confidence with her then decided to go for the grey.

When you first bring your grey home you will have to keep it in a separate part of the house for quarantine period of at least 45 days in case your sun may be harboring a disease you don't know about yet, that is just standard procedure.

In the meantime, they will be able to hear one another and know that another bird is in the house but just show him/her to your sun without bringing them close and observe their reactions and that will tell you what you can expect but never let them get too close that one might lunge for the other. Josey is the more timid bird and Sunny, my conure is the more aggressive one so I have to watch them for even though Sunny would lunge at her Josey could do the damage if she chose to retaliate.:ohmy: