NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

choosing my grey

di2008

oh i know how you feel i couldnt wait til chloe came to me, it seem to take for ever for the day to come and pick her up my stomach was in knots but dont worry you will get over that as soon as you see your new baby best of luck and cant wait to hear more from you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats so Great that you finaly got your Grey Has he been DNA tested so for sure he a boy or do you just think he's a boy. I was so sad for you when you first wrote and said the the woman in the shop sold all the babies and I wasn't sure if you were going to get one or not. But now you have your precious baby and if its a boy then you got just what you wanted I'm so happy for you. Please take your camera with you so we can see some pictures of him I just love those baby dark eyes they always look so swwet and ready for mischief congradulations and all the best to you and Monty love the name

Animation1.gif

thanks for all the lovley words, i was a little excited this morning when she phoned. not sure if the dna results are back(forgot to ask:whistle: ) but will do tomorrow when i visit, and will take my camera but it's only a little dark pet shop so will get some better ones when i bring him home.better start work now on this puzzle of a cage :blink: :unsure: :woohoo:

:woohoo: :lol: :woohoo: :P

Am soooo pleased that you've finally got your baby!! Loving the name Monty ( my old cats name btw ).

I can't wait to see how gorgeous he is! I'm sure you're gonna be a fantastic mum to Monty and that you'll soon be sharing your amusing stories with us :woohoo:

Hugest of hugs

Amy xx

Awww, what a cute baby Grey you have there Di. :-)

I notice from the Newspaper article, that he has made some self improvement, even at such a young age. The article stating " I was a Country Bumpkin with yellow Teeth" is what I am referring to. :P

Congratulations!!!

danmcq wrote:

I notice from the Newspaper article, that he has made some self improvement, even at such a young age. The article stating " I was a Country Bumpkin with yellow Teeth" is what I am referring to. :P

Detective Dan strikes again.... Are you a detective Dan? Cos you're very good at spotting the little details :laugh:

Monty is adorable... I love him!

Awww... Di he/she is just precious!

I know you want a boy - but even if it's not a boy Monty will be wonderful - Zahzu is a girl, and when we got her we had 3 to choose from - i just chose at random! :))

Enjoy!!

i am sorry you got disappointed!

may i make a shameless plug for parrot rescue?

perhaps your intended birdy is waiting for you elsewhere.

just a thought from the other side of the fence.

my merlin is a rescue and is a joy and a wonder every single day.

no pressure, just presenting an idea for your consideration. i know the UK has a number of parrot rescue organizations.

keep us posted as to your progress and welcome to the best forums ever!

-s

well guys its here :) my holiday. been waiting for soo long for this bacause as soon as it's over i get to bring monty home :woohoo: ive visited him every day for more than a week and feel he knows me, but sally the shop owner is going to take him home ready for his maiden flight then he will be back at the shop for my arrival home next wednesday. WILL HE FORGET ME?? :( will i have to the bonding all over again?? right gotta go to work until 9pm tonight then the count down will begin B) cya all when i get back xx

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys im back and that week seemed to take forever :laugh: only 2 more days and 'MONTY' comes home, omg i cant wait.. i feel queezy with excitement ..and a little aprehention:unsure: hope i will know what to do for him and what he needs,i know any help i need is right here though;) im sure you all felt the same;)

Hiya Di welcome back and I hope you had a great holiday. I think we are all excited and cant wait to see pictures of your new baby. With all the research you have done you are going to be a great bird mom so dont be worrying about anything, you know where we are if you need to ask questions. Counting down the days...... Caroline:)

OMG it's happened at last Monty came home

{Feel-good-00020114} he's is fantastic .. he has settled right in, eating some veggies but didnt like the porridge:P (YET) lol. brought him home, showed him around and he went right asleep on me for 10 mins lol, guess he must feel at home. he is just throwing he seed around at the moment:blink: :unsure: welcome home monty xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi ev1 monty is settling brilliantly he's not scared or shy, he's preening and sleeping well and doing this whilst sitting with us, he love lots of cuddles and goes mad on our return if we've been out :)he's done a bit of flying too all be it with some crash landings into the blinds lol.

he just doesnt seem to be eating his fruits and veggies tho just his seed, guess he will do eventually once he's settled in, ( is this noremal)

hopefully here are a few pic of him too

xxx