NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

RE FEATHER PULLIN

alfie2008

Spray that area with cold water. Do it often. Watch and see if anything lessens. Could have dry feathers or dry skin there. There's more you can do but start with the misting. Include upper breast area. Make sure you get the skin wet.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/05/26 22:35

Charlie will be a year old next month and has gone through a really bad molt. I have found three larger feathers today but this has been going on for a few months. Has alfie lots of pins coming through? Did you actually see him pull the feathers and are they chewed at the ends?

HI DAVE

THANKS I WILL TRY THAT ONE SEE HOW IT GOES ALFIE IS ALMOST A YEAR OLD AND N NOT BEEN THROUGH MOLT AS FAR AS IM AWARE CANT SEE PINS COMING THROUGH E ACTUALLY PULLING NOT JUST FALLIN OUT THEMSLVES CAN FEEL PINS ON TIP OF FEATHER

HI DAVE

THANKS I WILL TRY THAT ONE SEE HOW IT GOES ALFIE IS ALMOST A YEAR OLD AND N NOT BEEN THROUGH MOLT AS FAR AS IM AWARE CANT SEE PINS COMING THROUGH E ACTUALLY PULLING NOT JUST FALLIN OUT THEMSLVES CAN FEEL PINS ON TIP OF FEATHER

PIn feathers are like our follicles just below our skin. Our hair grows out from them. One of the members here named Dan lost all of his hair and went to Bosley for a complete follicle procedure. His facial wrinkles and bad attitude increased while he was bald. The people here on the board consoled and helped him through his crisis.

In a bird, their pin feathers are the same thing except they're above the bird's skin. Hopefully, your bird won't pull those pin feathers out. Sometimes a new pin feather doesn't regrow there. So, use the water frequently and since it's that time of the year when many birds naturally molt get him wet in the neck area, lower and upper breast area,base of the tail area, underneath the wings close to the body. Try to soak the bird's skin as much as you can. No towel drying--no hair dryer should be used. Let the bird dry out naturally. Do it frequently. Keep the bird away from drafts. If this process succeeds, we can tell you about a liquid that's cheap and can be purchased in drug stores, supermarkets, Walmart. This liquid can be mixed with water and sprayed on the bird's feathers and skin and it usually produces good results but try the water for now.

PS----Use lower case letters cause people will think you're yelling at them

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/05/27 00:56<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/05/27 01:07

Good for you it will sofen those pin feathers so they can grow without irratating you little guys sensetive skin aloe mixed with the water will help soothe the irritation also I don't use it but I know many people that do I just put my birds in the bathtub every second day and hose them down with lukewarm water and they do fine

Animation1.gif