NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cutting my Greys nails

Bronxboomer

I'm having a hard time triming my greys nails i once saw on line there was a plactic ball which you place over the parrots head which allows you to trim his nails and wings with out a bite but i can't seem to find it anymore on line does anyone know about it????

I can't help with the plastic ball, but I use a concrete perch next to my grey's food and water, which has eliminated the need for nail trimming. I've been told by my vet that some of the trimming perches, such as those coated in sand, can cause sore feet. She recommended the all concrete version from Polly's Pet Products. It doesn't address your wing trimming issue, but should keep your bird's nails in shape at all times.

http://pollyspetproducts.com/

I don't have to worry much about wing trimming, since Rigel seems to break his primaries over time, playing hard in his cage. That'll be the topic of my next post.

Dorian lets me trim the very sharp part of his talons, because I've gotten him used to me playing 'this little piggy' with his toes. I do it all the time, but sometimes I have that sneaky set of trimmers in one hand! I don't always get them all done so I go for the sharpest ones first, just to spare my poor hands.