NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sasha the Bloodthirsty Scarlet

BMustee

If you read my post a few months back about Pattie the buffon's Macaw (I just posted pics of Pat tonight) then you know about Sasha. I had made it my mission to get her to come around and wouldn't you know a few weeks ago she did. I got Pattie out of their cage and reached my other arm in for Sasha. Normally she would just step up to stay with Pattie but that day she just kept putting her head down. I know body language and it sure looked like she ether A - wanted her head scratched, or B - was setting the trap to get my fingers. I figured "I'm already scared up enough, what the heck." I went in for the head scratch and thats just what she wanted. Ever sense she has been attached to me by the hip every day I'm at work.

Lookout, thats one mean bird!

sasha.jpg

030.jpg

026.jpg

015-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2008/05/26 05:13

Joined at the hip, well good for you Berna, if anyone could make her come around it would be you. She is a beautiful bird, maybe one that should keep her wings down:blush: or she shows her nakedness but thanks for sharing her with us.

Something tells me Berna would own both Pattie and Sasha if she could, am I right!!!:P

It's the best job ever! The pay may not be the best, but the rewards are worth more than money.

LMAO, doesn't Sasha look like a flasher holding open a trench coat?!? Hahahaha! The running joke at the store is "She's not a plucker, she a nudist!"

I don't want anymore parrots, but if I was able to get Pattie and Sasha I would in a heartbeat, and boy would they be spoiled! (just like Elmo)

Awwwww Berna, what a great story and thing to happen for both you and Sasha. :-)

Now, you should probably start working some "OT" so you can bring her home. ;-)

Great photos of you and Sasha, thanks for posting them.

BMustee wrote:

LMAO, doesn't Sasha look like a flasher holding open a trench coat?!? Hahahaha! The running joke at the store is "She's not a plucker, she a nudist!"

That has to be the funniest bird I have ever seen... she is adorable but hilarious. Normally I feel kind sorry for birds that pluck, but she seems proud to show off :lol: :lol:

I think most people look at Pattie and Sasha and just see ugly birds that talk, and then others give us the stink-eye because they think they are mistreated or something. It funny that most people get excited when they hear those two talk, but when I hold Sasha and hear her beak grind, that is the best feeling ever.

Sasha does seem to be proud of her nakedness, doesn't she. It's funny, every time she needs to go potty she lets out a little squawk to get everyones attention, spreads her wings wide and, well, you know. Hahaha

Thanks Dan for the kind words, it's nice to be back...I missed you guys.;)<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2008/05/27 03:21

BMustee wrote:

026.jpg

WoWWWWWWWW B) B) B)

very impressive. good work, bmustee B)<br><br>Post edited by: FairY, at: 2008/05/27 10:42

The one girl Sharon that works with me was telling me she has not liked anyone for 13 years! That is so sad...it broke my heart. Pattie will like people off and on, but when people loose intrest in him so does he. I think most of the girls that work there are scared of Sasha because she is a Scarlet and obviously has some issues. She started plucking when her owner started a family and didn't have time, or just did want to have time for her. I think she started to like me because I would talk to her and give her treats, plus seeing Pattie have so much fun with me didn't go unnoticed I'm sure. It's so funny, she will sit on the "seed cart" when I refill all the different mixes for the birds and she will pick out as many peanuts (she calls them crackers) as she can. It's nice because it gives me a good laugh seeing her bald butt sticking out of the buckets and she gets to have some alone time with me. Pattie gets VERY jealous when I talk to Sasha, so getting her away from the "green machine" with me lets her unwind and relax. I hope this story lets people see that even older birds can make great friends, not just babies. Sasha is pushing 40, and is now bonded to me like she has known me all her life.