NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm very sad tonight

Tycos_mom

I brought home a Citron crested Cockatoo about a month ago after his mama died. I sad because I'm going to have to give him to someone else And I really don't want to as I fallen quite in love with him. Since I've had him I have not been able to breath I'm back on steroids for my lungs and Ive been haveing at least 2Asthma attacks a day. I'm very allegic to him I bought 2 air cleaners a couple weeks ago hoping that would help but so far it hasn't helped very much. Also he has been flying off his play top and attacking my 12 year old daughter and taking beg chunks out of her arms. I found a wonderful couple to adopt him they have a another bird that they rescued several years ago now. And they are overjoy at the prospects of having another companion in the house, They are coming to get him tomorrow. All i can do is cry tonight even tough I know its best to do now rather than later Ive only had him a month and this will be a forever home for him I can still visit and I will get all the updates I want its still very hard. Pat

Oh I am sorry to hear of how attached you have become to the cockatoo and must let him go to a new home.

You are such a great person for rescuing all the poor fellows as you do. Just think, where they might be if you did not provide the home, love and looking after them as you do.

Unfortunately, this is the heart breaker of rescuing. You do this out of the love in your heart, to help them out and be the bridge to a new and loving home they will blossom in and remain there hopefully for the rest of their lives in happiness and health wise.

You have done two good things in this instance, found the cockatoo a great home and made the new owners happy to find a parrot they can love and enjoy. The happiness that will fill their home with the close bond that will take place between the two is something they will both fondly remember you for, the rest or their lives. :-)

That's a win-win!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/05/25 14:49

I am so sorry Pat that you have to give your too up but there is not much you can do if it affects your health that way, you do have to come first. But at least he has a new home with people who will give him the same love he came to know from you plus you will be able to visit with him so you have not lost him completely. Like Dan said, it is a win-win situation.

There is another bird out there for you if you have the need in your heart to fill that hole left by this too so I bet soon we will be hearing about that one but in the meantime we know and feel your pain.

I won't get another bird to soon right now Tyco is just starting to come around to me she actually flew over to my bed the other day just to hang out with me. I will transfew all my love to her and try very hard to make her the wonderful loving bird I know she wants to be. She has been stepping up onto my hand everytme I ask her too as long as she is not on her cage. I take her off her cage with a perch. Then I step her up on to my hand and she will let me carry her where ever I want to go with her. Mind you I'm going to have to get her nails clipped as they are so sharp she makes me bleed from holding on to my arm so tight. I don't mind as long as she continues to make progress she can make me bleed with her claws anytime she wants. Pat

Im so sorry its not working out! But at least you know he will be going to a good home! Maybe you could visit on occasion, or the new owners could send you updates! I know that with the fids I have adopted from their old owners, I send regular updates and pictures. I also made a website about all of my fids that each owner has a link to, that way if im busy and cant get an update to them they can go read their pages and see what they have been up to. I keep that up to date at all times and they all love it! Again im sorry things didnt work out for you :(

At the end of the day your health has to be more important than our pets. I am really sorry you have to find a new home for him, as a month is plenty long enough for you to have bonded with him. But you have to consider your health, and it sounds like he will be happy in his new home.