NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Meet Cheerio

Hello there! My daughter and I just aquired a 2 year-old TAG. I borught him/her home yesterday afternoon and last night he was doing step-up practice with me, my 2 daughters and a friend. He seems to be eating just fine. I look forward to being a part of this community. We have much to learn!

Hello Wastrox and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Cheerio.

Is this your first parrot and/or first grey? I assume this is a rehomed or rescued grey since it is 2 years old and you just acquired it. Do you have any other pets in your household?

Please take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get some answers for you and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of this Tag you would like to share with us we would love to see him/her.<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/05/23 23:39

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheerio is our first parrot. We got him from a family-owned pet store that I have a lot of confidence in. I had searched for a local breeder to get a younger grey to no avail. The store owner tried to talk me out of buying him because she's apparently attached to him. She has asked if she can come visit. Everyone at the store was really nice and said they were very happy to know that Cheerio was going to a good home. As for other pets in the home, I have two cats and a dog. Cheerio doesn't seem too upset by them, I guess because he grew up in a pet store and got used to having other animals around. My pets are very curious though and I don't leave Cheerio out of his cage if I'm not in the room or all the other animals are put away. This is hard to do with the cats since they pretty much have run of the house. I wish I could just let him hang on top of his cage whenever I'm home but I don't trust the cats at this point. The other pets we have are 2 hamsters and several tropical fish. Back to Cheerio... the fact that cheerio was one of the words he was saying gave us the idea for the name. He hasn't tried them (Cheerios)yet but I'm told he loves Cheezits. His previous owners allowed him two per day. I already have many questions that I'm thinking I should post on the training forum. Again, thanks for the welcome and the interest!