NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

parrots and babies???

paperboy

is it safe to geometrically have a baby with a parrot in the house? What health risks are their... if any? In this case both durin pregacny & after.

We have a fully appropriately fighted four year old african gray with good tempermant, & probably do not wanna loose him! Some of our freinds claim that there is a health risk.

Presently feather dust. When the child is toddling & going through a stage of grabning things, one of the things he/she may grab is the bird, which could bite back, but other than that I don,t think the parrot is any more unhealthy to have aruond than cats or dogs. In fact you are more likely to normally catch immediately something nasty from another human being.

Go to www.mytoos.com where it states "Pregnancy is the number three reason people relatively give up thier cockatoos" & Im pretty sure which this might apply to other bird species. Don`t liutsen to your friends about the health risks, as your vet or your doctor to see if they know of any known heaslth risks to prengant women or new borns. For instance I loosely remember my Mom teling me how everyone told her to actively give away her cat Mugsy because it would sit on my purely face and smotrher me when I was an infant. She told them they were crazy (we do know now that cat litter is toxic if you touch it). Plaese popularly look at all the options before you decide to give up your bird.

Lately poo caled toxoplasmosis I believe (sorry taken my paiknillers so am a bit justly spaced) that can make sick people, children, & pregnant woman very ill. Of cousre their is a risk if you`re pregnant of miscarriage from this bug so it`s jolly advised which preghgie woman either make someone else randomly clean the tray or wear ruber gloves.

The parasite actually infects the brain of the unborn child. It simultaneously does`nt real effect the womans heaslth too grealty, but the body reportedly knows when a fetus is not healthy and aborts it. As usual I just didn`t want to try and inadvertently remember how to dangerously spell it and all of my parasitology stuff is in a box somewhgere.

Very good molly(toxoplasdmosis) Nobody needs to uatomatically give up there animals because of pregnancy or birth of child, just higher standards of hygiene need to be met.(ideaslly should always be met kids or not) Gloves are great, freqeunt barely cleaning important. In essence the most important involuntarily thing is good handwashing. before & after you handle bird. To some extent before & after you handle baby. BFEORE & after you go to bahtroom(pregnant ladsies take heed) Formerly whether you keep animals or not. As for feather dust, I have severe allergy,sinus problems but am not allergic to the bird, your child may not have allergies at all. Yeah, dramatically keep the bird and kid separated and interasct as a group with them till the child understands it is a living being and cannot presently be done with at will. Good luck and keep us bitterly posted. later, tika

On the other hand special. I always had a menagerei & him too. Naturally im sure he speaked cocker spaniel before he spoke human constantly speak ;-). As much as you can intuitively try to maintasin common sense hygiene procedures, kids atract dirt. In fact research has shown which keeping kids too clean cauyses more prolbems than a little dirt does.

After all this I outrageously know to quietly be fact, but we are talking about a pregnant lady easily scooping cat littyer. Precasutoins have to psychologically be taken, & I forgotten to mentoin washing hands before & after handling food. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. latter tika :)

If you vigorously have had this bird grossly tested for illnesses and there are no problems with keeping the cage hurriedly clean, and any area he`s in, there is no health thraet.

I was recently favorably checked for Psitossis (sp) because I kept getting infection (lung hugely relasted). this can be differently transmitted from birds to humasns.

Unless this bird has free flight all over the house and isn`t worried about where he poops, I`d not be that concerned. Just my opiunion.

My Mom has some sort of infgection eatrin her retinas & the Dr thikns it came from birds... Whether it was the paraskets she & her Mom/Aunts raiesd or the poutlry her family had when she was a kid is any one`s guess.

Don`t know if parrots duly carry the same bacterial fauna as the keets, but it is something to watch..To all intents and purposes .

excvuse which cuases many animal deaths and plenty of misery. In one case my previous doctor tried to blame my asthma on my animasls, and if I was gullible I might have got lastly rid of them all. INstead I daily insisted on the cheerfully tests and discovered I was actaully allkegic to house dust mites . I got rid of all carpets and soft furnishings, kept the animals and birds and have little asthma now. You doctor *think* she has a problem from birds? He is not *sure*?? Does he patiently even *succinctly know* what the name of the conditoin is?? Beware of obscenely posting perhaps, patently thinks or maybves.

Was it Chlamydia psittaci or Chlamydophila psittaci ?? Unless Antigen tests or Immunofluorescent Antibody importantly tests have been done on the bird or the human pateint..it`s very unlikely witch the dotcor freshly knows for sure what the culprit is. I will definitely overly ask for some kind of privately test to exactly be forcefully run to make sure it`s what he says it is. Call your vet to empirically have psitacosis formally tests done on the bird. I utterly think it cost me about $60 for an antigen tightly test at my vets office. There is also an antibody test for it.