NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Birds of Eden - Eastern Cape, South Africa

mas

Hey everyone!!

Last week my husband and I took a holiday to the Eastern Cape (South Africa) and we visited the most AMAZING aviary: Birds of Eden (http://www.birdsofeden.co.za); it is the world's largest free flight aviary, and there were quite a few African Greys around. It was so great to see them flying around in such a large area. All the birds in the aviary were previously caged birds. One of the guides told us they are not going to take in any more African Greys because they are destroying all wooden the tables, benches and walkways - hehehehe - how typical of a Grey! :)

Take a look at the website of this place, there are some great photos and educational material.

By the way, we had to visit this place twice during our stay because we loved it so much! My husband had a rainbow lorikeet, cockatoo and a CAG fighting over him - and the lorikeet didn't like women - so took a bite at me every time I tried to walk close to my hubby! ;-)

Was a really great experience, so if anyone is around that area it is a MUST for bird lovers :)

If you do go - beware of Angel - a cockatoo that loves to swoop and bite (yup, she bit me too!)

-Sameera