NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi everyone

hello everyone

i just happened to stumble across this site today and had a look so i thought id join

i have a african grey who is 2 and a half

i got him as an 11 week old baby (well my son wanted one for christmas and wouldn't let up about it so i eventually gave in) knowing nothing about parrots at the time i think im doing a great job of rearing this animal

who most of the time is very chatty and friendly (he has his moments tho )

so i joined this site to find out more about parrots as im just a beginner

feel free to advise me on anything i should know or look out for

Hi Mcleany, welcome here. I have a TAG who will be 2 in August. It seems like he is going through a period of really trying my patience. Did you go through this with your grey? I'm just wondering how long this will last and if he'll outgrow it eventually!!! It's kind of like dealing with a teenager.

Glad you joined us.

Hello Mcleany and welcome to the family, so glad you stumbled onto our site and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey. What is his name btw?

Boy you really took on a responsibility in getting a grey as the first parrot, they are unlike others as you are finding out but they can be very rewarding as a companion and pet.

I would suggest you read thru as many of the threads as possible for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our utmost to get you some answers to those questions and help you in any way we can.

We love to admire each other's greys so if you have some pictures you would like to share with us that would be very much appreciated.:)