NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage hating little stinker

madisimmons

Mary, thanks...

She will let me give her scratches and step up for me as long as she is not 'ON top of' her cage..

Her attitude was a lot more submissive in the neutral room..

I guess I main issue is just when it's time to go in the cage she is a little hellion (however you spell it).. I think this neutral room thing and a treat will make it much easier from now on.

Wish me luck,

Kim

Hey you can try dimming the lights , they get the idea at my house when I start turning off the lights .If I place an apple in Sammy's cage , in he goes .Zsa Zsa will go in for anything , they love food , special treats .

I wish you much luck .Keep us posted.

Hugs,Mary

I got him with a peanut last night. I am immediately took her away from the cage so she couldn't climb up and be all territoriall. We played and talked to Sammie while she ate grapes and nuts and did her deed on my couch, lol... the woes of poop.. Anyway.. when it was time to put her back in I got her to step up for a peanut.. she really likes those.. It was in her mouth and she wasn't letting go of it to grab onto the cage. Worked out excellently.. Now if we can keep this up it will be great!!

Update on Sammie.........

Sammie is doing really good going in her cage. The trick is all in the planning. I learned to get her in with a peanut keeping her mouth busy, but I haven't had to use that approach the past few days.. It's such a relief, not having to wonder how I am going to get her in without her flying to the floor, hurting her feathers, and running around the house. it's a miracles, They never cease to happen, thank goodness..

IMG_2106.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: madisimmons, at: 2008/05/27 05:07