NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi guys, a few little questions...

DigitalFeather

:blink: Baby Nike (7 weeks old)is doing really cool but I have a few concerns;

1-He always want to be cuddle up with somebody, which is good but: will it make a spoiled brat?

2-Looks like he's mumbuling, make noises, as sleep Is he dreaming?

3-He cannot see us eating, cause he wants too!

4-he sneaks under our conure cage to be messing with whatever falls out of it, so we get afraid of him chocking on the seeds, Is this possible?

5-Finally if he's on the kitchen countertop getting ready to be feed, He jumps inside the sink everytime he see or hear the water running, I think he's much too young to get wet,but for some weird reason he like the splash of the water, he does not go directally under he just like the splash! Is that allright?

Thank you.:blush:

1.. At 7 weeks he is very reliant on you & your family for his needs.He sees you as his flock, make the most of cuddle time, it is comforting for nike, he will soon enough be independent.

2..Babies make all kinds of mumbling noises,a happy content grey will grind their beak when resting/sleeping a bit like a human grinding their teeth.

3..Many people let their grey eat with them, they love to interact with the family & share dinner with you,it's a personal choice if you want nike at the dinner table, you can begin to offer a little human food, ie..veggies, After your baby reaches 7/ 8 weeks of age it is time to begin introducing weaning food.Pellet food is a safe food to start weaning your baby onto with the addition of seed,fruit, veggies.Also have a separate water dish next to his food.

4..try to distract from going under the cage, if the seed is empty he will only get the husks,& yes they can choke so close supervision.

5..Once Nike is fully feathered you can give him a little mist from a spray bottle,spray above his head & let the water fall down over him like raindrops ;)

Cool, our conure don't eat all the pellets just the ones that is shaped like a stick, all the other shapes he thow it out even do is the same color! We really don't mind him next to us to eat I just keep trying to give him baby food but he pushes away, so my wife smaches the veggies and feed him on a differnt bowl!

Thank you, for not making me crazy.

Nike sounds adorable!!! Enjoy the cuddle time, Nike may grow out of that, and you'll miss it . . . My Jenna (5 1/2 months) is NOT a cuddler, although she wants to be either near me or ON me all the time ~smiles~

Wow, that's so cool, Nike is allready demanding of some things, if we pass by him we have to say something to him if not he don't stop screaming, so usually the kids lay on the floor and give him attention till I finish dinner or something, the when my wife comes home I have the rest of the time with him!:laugh:

What a beautiful description of how a baby Grey is at 7 weeks old. They are so needful, trustful and cuddly at that very dependent age.

You are doing everything fine and Nike sounds like a very explorative and well on his/her way to becoming a much loved family member.

You really must share some photos of all these cute "Kodak" moments that will soon be gone as he matures.

Based on your photo and graphical abilities. I would say we are in for some great eye candy soon. :-)

Thank you much.

Well, I'm trying to keep up with his and my kids demands, so far it's been a awesome journey!:laugh:

and if you guys want something like my signature send me a message with your own pic, I'll make it happen. <br><br>Post edited by: DigitalFeather, at: 2008/05/21 15:12