NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Houdini

Jane08

I woke at 5am this morning, hearing suspicious bird noises from the living room. I got up to see what was going on and found our male grey sitting on top of his cage. I was shocked as I definately put him in when I went to bed and when I examined the cage the door was closed. I looked everywhere around the cage to see how he got out and it turns out he got out through the water/food feeder door. There are 4 of them and we only use 2 of them. He must have flipped the latch and hopped out as the latch was off the one at the back of the cage.

I have watched him practice this from the outside of the cage, he runs down the outside, flips the latch and opens the door to get a drink of water (instead of actually going inside the cage to drink).

I am now at work thinking what is the worse that can happen if he gets out and what would he get up to. I made sure I closed the latches properly and I put a toy in the way to discourage him.

Everyday it is something new with these 2 monkeys that we have.

Hi Jane08 this made me laugh so much as my CAG once did it,only the once though,They have probably called all their mates round and are having a party :ohmy: leaving mum (you) to clear it all up when you get home:lol:

Jackie xx