NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Favorite Cage floor paper

madisimmons

I buy drop cloths that are disposible. They have a thin plactic backing and a white paper towel like paper on top...I just cut it up to fit the cage pan...I have been using these for over a year on no problems. I like the plactic backing because it absorbent and it very easy to replace. I put 2 or 3 layers and if it is still dry but dirty all i have to do is remove 1 layer and all clean again...

I also use this on the floor under my cage...

Guest smokey

i use care fresh for birds, which is changed out every few days... this stuff works good, but buying every so often can just add to the expenses with every thing else. i just had to have an alternative to newspaper because i didn't have the time to change it everyday. Maybe every other day but not every day.

I use news paper also but I put down about 6 to10 layers that way I can roll up the top 2or 3 layers and the cage is clean again so I only half to totaly every 2nd day then I wheel every thing outside onto the sun deck and hit the whole thing with the presure washer rinse it and start again Its the easyest way I know to clean 3 huge bird cages and three large bird cages. I can get them all done in under an hour and everything is spottless. I useually try to do this on hot days that way the birds can be put in their cages outside and get some freshair while everything drys in the sun. if its raining I just clean the cages with the pressure washer and then wipe down the perches and toys with a wet sponge. Pat

• 1 year later...

madisimmons wrote:

I've never seen painters paper.. I will have to check that out next time I go to Lowes..

Thanks

it comes in different widths and size rolls ... mainly for laying down along walls .... its usually put down with tape along one edge used kind of like a drop cloth

In the US, we have a rental/moving store called UHaul. I buy their newpaper packing paper. It is newspaper without the ink/print. I pay about $9 for 140 sheets, and use 2 sheets a day (big cage.) It's actually cheaper than buying a newpaper, and I prefer to get my news online anyway.