NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi folks...just stumbled across this forum while i was searching the web for congo breeders in Michigan. If anybody has a newly weaned female for sale or know of anybody that does, information would be appreciated. We lost our pair in a house fire in December and I'm looking for a companion for my 6 month old male...Larry

Hello Larry and welcome to the family, so glad you stumbled upon us and we look forward to hearing more about you.

So your grey is a breeder grey and not a companion grey, most of us here have pet greys as you cannot breed greys that are companion animals. We may have a few members from Michigan who may know where you can find a breeder grey if thats what you want.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions if you have any and we will do our best to find some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

My new one is definitely a male. I brought him to my vet and had him dna checked along with his initial physical. I'm not a breeder at this point, stopped breeding about 10 years ago because of constant relocations in the military. Just want a female in the event I get back into breeding. For now it will be a replacement for the ones we lost. I'm just used to having a pair around. Thanks...Larry

Hi Larry, Welcome. I am a new member myself and joined last week only because my grey [who I have had for many years] became seriously ill and I was looking for a bit of advice. I got FAR MORE than that and the guys here saw me and my family through a very difficult week until we came out smiling at the other end! I was sorry to hear about the house fire. It must have been awful. Hope you find the grey you are looking for real soon.

Carol

Hi Carol...thanks for the welcome. I've spent a few hours looking over the site and like what I see a lot. Some terrific advise here. I'm glad I had the good fortune to stumble on the site while scooting the internet. I'll certainly be spending a lot of time here...Larry

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated. Yes...losing our greys in the fire was totally devasting. They were like our children. The 9 year old had a vocabulary of over 600 words and talked in complete sentences. The 3 year old female wasn't far behind. The 4 month old male is making terrific progress, talking already, though limited as expected at this point. Larry