NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yogi's first days home

YogiB

Yogi's first days at home have been wonderful! We went to our vet today for the first well visit and she says he/she is a delightful little birdie! (Of course I knew that already) He was very good with her, stepped up and everything. We only had a growl when it came to toenail trimming, but he tolerated it with great patience.

He is eating well, and especially loves the Gerber Graduates sweet potatoe/carrot combo. As much goes on him as in him!

It seems that Yogi is a cuddler! Just before bedtime he curled up under my chin and stayed there for about 30 minutes while I stroked and hummed little melodies.

Precocious little parrot that he is, he's already figured out how to climb down off the cage and wander about! He's trying to talk, lots of little noises and I heard an almost "hello" this afternoon.

He's got my heart tight in his little talon. As I told my vet, I've been looking for the "right" grey for a while now, and Yogi picked me and I'm so happy he did.

Leah

YogiB wrote:

He's got my heart tight in his little talon. As I told my vet, I've been looking for the "right" grey for a while now, and Yogi picked me and I'm so happy he did.

:) That's the cutest thing i've read in ages :)

Congrats on your new baby, looking forward to seeing some pictures soon.

Amy xx

Leah, you truly do have a little sweetheart, Yogi is the perfect choice especially when he chose you and your life is so blessed for that.

Glad to hear he is such a delight to have and I love that little description you gave, "He's got my heart tight in his little talon", hey maybe you should put that in your signature!!!:cheer: :):P

The boys just finished some scrambled egg, toast and banana and now it's tub time. My daughter (who graduates from college this weekend) was standing in the kitchen when I was scrambling the egg and casually remarked, "Mom, you don't like scrambled eggs......." laughed and patted me on the head, LOL.

Leah

He's got me, thats for sure! His little growls when he met up with Mr. Towel were so cute but they shot right through me. My poor little guy, then his look of great indignation at our vet when she unwrapped him. I tried to keep a straight face! He stretched and then marched across the exam table and looked at me as if to say, "Hey, Mom, did you see what she just did to me? I NEED A CUDDLE!!!" Straight up under my chin, a couple of little "cluck, clucks" and all was well.