NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

DIY Play Gym!

zandische

PVC glue is basically the same as plastic model cement. It DOES contain toulene, which is toxic, but only until it cures - the toulene is there to slightly melt the plastic in the PVC, causing it to fuse. When the glue cures, the toulene evaporates. I'd glue the pieces together using the recommended LIGHT coating of glue and then wait 48-72 hours before allowing your Polly parrot to play on it.

the best thing about this set-up is that if you later decide to swap out a part because it gets chewed or soiled, or want to make a modification, replacement PVC is super cheap - great idea!

Great work!!<br><br>Post edited by: ImagoX, at: 2008/07/10 21:21

Here is the stand i built when i first got Zuri. I have added alot to it and created 2 more levels and many more toys but i thought id post it so any of you can get an idea. I was soo turned off of the hude prices that were being asked for much smaller stands. i sit this on a old coffee table and with all the levels now its about 3 feet away from the ceiling so Zuri my Timneh is never bored and spends the major part of the day on it. Hope this helps in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

This is zuris stand the other is tiagos stand my alexandrine. Looking at your pvc which is really great as well gave me a great idea for a new portable stand where i can fit the seed catcher base looking at your how the bin fit right in, thanks for the idea.

Picture006.jpg