NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Not sure what to think,

jugernught

Hello,

Yoda is 6 months old now. We spend alot of time together. Yoda loves any type of warm veggies and fruts. We play with Popcicle stix and platic bottle caps. He tries to eat my computer keys.

I do have question. When I take Yoda from the top of his cage, he comes willingly but will naw or grab my thumb. He doesnt really bit it. Once on his pearch in my bed room, he and I interact. I will from time to time pick him up and try to scratch his head. At this he will grab my finger, again not really biting. If he is on the perch, he will lower his head to have it scratched.

Has anyone seen this behavor before? Yoda_3.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: jugernught, at: 2008/05/05 17:13

Yoda_3.jpg

As long as he is not really biting it is ok, he is exploring his world and one of the ways to do that is with the beak, they would use it like we do our hands. Now if he gets to biting down harder then you might have to tell him firmly "no bite" and put him back on the perch and walk away for a few minutes to teach him that is not allowed.

He looks like he is enjoying chewing on that clothespin at least thats what it looks like.:P:) B)

Hey Yoda:

It seems Yoda is letting you know he doesn't want to be scratched at the time. He is wanting to be close to you but not wanting a physical scratch. I'd consider it normal. Since he's not clamping down and biting he's just sending you a messege, "not now".

When he wants a scratch he will usually lower his head.

Bruce & Mazy

Sounds like normal interaction and Yoda communicating his desires to you.

Did you by chance change the aspect ratio of your photo before posting or is Yoda the wide-body species of Grey from Samoa. ;-) :laugh: B)

Cool photo and a great looking Grey!!