NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ok - MBS here now too

danmcq

Hi Guys,

We went late last Sunday to our Breeders to check out the new babies they have, specifically the Jendays. We will be bringing one home once they are weaned.

Here is a photo of Kim touching one of the Jendays. You can also see that there are two Sun Conure babies also. They are all 4 weeks old.

Jenday_and_Sun_Conures_4_weeks.jpg

We also interacted with a beautiful Rose Breasted Australian Cockatoo and thought I would share this beautiful fellow at 12 weeks old:

Rose_Breasted_Cockatoo.jpg

I hope to get new photos this weekend of the babies. :-)

They are really cute baby dinosaurs...

Sorry but I just can't see the attraction with a bald bird... much cuter when they have a few feathers! Why is it that in almost every species they are cuter when they are babies and get uglier as they get older... except birds?

The cockatoo is nice though:whistle:

siobha9 wrote:

They are really cute baby dinosaurs...

Sorry but I just can't see the attraction with a bald bird... much cuter when they have a few feathers! Why is it that in almost every species they are cuter when they are babies and get uglier as they get older... except birds?

Aww come on now Siobhan, don't you just melt when you see those babies looking up at you with those cute little dark eyes, they are so adorable I just want to grab them up and eat em alive.:)

My Breeder is very busy making more space in another Room for all the babies they have now. They have Suns, Jendays, Amazons, Rose breasted Cockatoos and Greys in Eggs and it seems their B&G Macaws are getting in the mood now too. :-) I was speaking with them earlier and this weekend is a little tight time wise for company and chit-chat.

Also, Kim and I have been talking about the timing of introducing another member to our Flock. Jake has really been coming a long way from the wild Conure he was a year and six months ago. He will now walk over and kiss my Nose, preen my Hair and chew holes in my shirts and most amusing, he likes to climb down his cage, grab on to my rear jean pockets and go for a ride. :-) He is still very afraid of hands though, but he has made such huge strides in the last month that we are now re-thinking this.

I do not want to bring another Conure in that Jake may buddy up with and decide he does not need to continue pursuing a close relationship with me, as he seems to be doing now since he knows Dayo has no interest in befriending him. Jake sits and watches from afar as Dayo gets snacks, scratches and lots of contact with love and Jake wants that so much it is forcing him to go past his fear to get it. I believe Jake is very close to breaking through the threshold of fear to receive the up-close loving.

What do you all think?<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/05/04 00:44

Sorry Dan only just saw your post,yes a tough decision to make especially as you are making great progress with Jake.As you know none of us can fully say how jake will react to a new flock member,a decision im afraid only yourself & Kim can make, but im sure you will make the right one ;)

Hi Guys,

Your right, only we could discuss and come to a conclusion on this. We have decided to leave things as they are and keep working with Jake. He is such a joy, even though it is still a more distant relationship than we would like to see Jake at, we just love him to death.

We have decided, not to bring another bird (Jenday) in to this flock yet. Maybe next year. :-)

I would say you made a good choice if your Jake is just starting to come around I'm sure that the prgress with him will start to improve greatly putting another bird into the situation at this time may just put the progress you've made bake to square one Pat

It was a tough decision Dan but you made the right one, Jake has to come before a new one but I know it was not an easy one to make, you really wanted that Jenday, I could tell:( , so maybe next year then. There is another baby out there for you when you decide to get one and it will be so lucky to have you and Kim for parronts.:kiss: :)

Thanks for all the feedback my fellow Greyforumites. :-)

Yes, it is incredibly easy to want more Parrots. They are all so adorable and each type has traits of their own that makes you want atleast one of each.

But, the reality is, you only have enough time, love, space and resources to keep a limited number happy and free as possible.

Thanks again. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't know Dan, after a year with SweetHeart and all the problems we have had with her, when we brought Casper our Goffin Cockatoo into the family she has become much closer to all of us. I know it could have went either way and we are lucky that it went the way it did, but I think she just has her own personality and doesn't like the cuddling. And that's where Casper comes in lol. He is the biggest cuddle bug ever! I was worried as well with adding another bird to our flock and I wouldn't change it for the world. But everyone's time is different, I'm sure in the future you will be like most of us with MBS lol.