NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone, I always come to this forum to try to get some answers when I am in doubt, so I thought I might create an account. After much reading and careful consideration, I have decided to buy an ACG baby (not until september though).

I have rescued a blue-fronted amazon parrot before, unfurtunately, it was wild caught (that was when I used to live in Brazil). I knew it was wild caught and his owner probably bough it from someone who caught it. I felt sorry for the parrot which lived in a cage in a garage with 5 pinchers (that tiny dog) which barked all day long. I had him for six months before I was able to find someone who had an amazon parrot aswell in a realy big outdoor aviary who was willing to take him. He should never have been caged. I thought it was the best for him and so i gave him away.

That is about as much experience i have had with parrots, not very much.

Hello Calvin and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your desire to have a grey.

You are doing the right thing in researching for all the information you can find and reading lots of books, articles and from websites before you make that purchase. You will find lots of information here in our threads so please read thru them and ask questions if you have any as we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

You do have some experience with a larger bird but a grey is somewhat different from an amazon and you will find that out in your reading. I'm sorry you had to give him up but he was better off where he had more space to roam and explore.

thank you for the welcoming message, and yes, I have a lot to learn, I have a book called the Parrot Companion by Rosemary Low, but what book should I get that talks specifically about greys? :)

opsss should this be in another forum?:blush:<br><br>Post edited by: Calvin, at: 2008/04/30 22:43

Welcome Calvin. You have come to the right place for information about greys, this forum has so many experienced members who are always here to help and support when needed. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have. Caroline :)

Welcome from Alaska:

You will find this site to be full of all the answers to your questions. You have lots of time to research and inquire and we are all eager to help answer your questions.

Bruce & Mazy