NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Please forgive me, i just thought i would be welcome to join,BC I owned an African Grey parrot her name was Pepper and she died on 4-25-08 by falling in her cage.(she cliped her own wings)

I just want to know what would make me feel beter , I have been sad ever since.

Hello Pepper and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us but I wish it had been under happier circumstances.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you right now, but you did have some happy years with Pepper and I am sure she enriched your life as much as you did hers. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your grief and pain be eased in time.

Do you think you will be getting another grey? Do you have any other birds? It is too soon to make a decision whether or not to get another one but I hope one day you can open your heart to another one. Even if you don't get a baby, there are lots of birds even greys in need of new homes and if you could consider one of them that would be wonderful.

Again please accept my condolenses for your loss.

So sorry to hear this PepperRIP :( I wouldn't know anything to say in a situation like that because it is what it is. The only thing I can say is that Pepper isn't suffering because he's in Rainbow Bridge - although I imagine that doesn't make you missing him any less...

Hello PepperRIP,

You have come to the right place to find those who know what it to experience the loss of a loved Grey. They are like our own children and the outside world of non-parrot owners do not understand the loss.

You have my condolences.

Pepper still lives on in your memories of her greatness, love and personality that brought you so much joy and sunshine into your life. Though she passed over to the other side, she will always be with you.

If or when you feel like it, we would love to hear of her and see photos.

Again, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I think of all the times that where good. But it makes me miss her so much. I cant stand looking at that cage without my pepper in there. I have been crying eversince i found out she died as a matter infact I was looking farword into seeing my pepper then my grandparents return with no bird.I was planning on getting every picture of her and framing it.

Hello Pepper- we are all so very sad for you. If writing about your bird helps then please do this. We like to hear stories about other people's birds and we're hear to listen to yours. Wishing you peace- Lyric

Pepper was like a member of the family so it will take time to recover from the loss but we are here for you if you need us, if you just want to talk about it or share some stories of Pepper's life as we fully understand how you must feel. Take comfort in the fact that Pepper was happy for the time you had him and he knew you loved and adored him and you will see him again one day.....

Pepper: When we lose a bird we lose a family member. I am sad for your loss. I am of the school of thought that if you can't stop thinking of your loss to get another. The grieving process is different for everyone, but it sounds to me like you're a grounded grey owner who will enjoy a new bird to take peppers' place. I know cost is high but you may check into adoption, as there are many good birds out there who need new homes.

Good luck and our prayers are with you and pepper.

Bruce & Mazy

• 5 weeks later...

PepperRIP, We lost our Grey, Alfie, last February and it was (and sometimes still is) so heart-wrenching to deal with. Time WILL heal. Yes, Greys ARE expensive and not easy to replace (we can't replace Alfie) but we were lucky enough to find (and afford) Kiko, our new Grey. This is a good place for you (and the rest of us) to visit and talk with like-minded 'bird people'.

I support your idea of making a shrine to Pepper and encourage you to study about Greys and maybe think of setting up a bank account and putting money in a bit at a time and save up for your new bird. Best of luck from Walt and Karen and Kiko.