NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Hi,

Just wanted to finally say Hi to everyone. I have been reading this forum for about a month now. It is so informative, I thank everyone for all the information posted.

I am now owned by Bailey. I got him from a breeder in Virgina about a month ago. He has been DNA sexed as a male. He flew on plane to Phoenix, and I think he survived the trip, better than I did. I was so nervous to get him, but he is the sweetest bird. From what I read, he was very well socialized. He is not afraid of anyone, and grumbles a bit, but does step up and down. Nothing much seems to bother him, although he does have a thing about hats I have noticed.

He has been to vet for checkup, and had blood work done. He had something in his poop, flagyl?? so was on medicene for 10 days and now I need to take sample back.

I also had him microchipped. He took that well.

I am attaching a picture of Bailey and my daughter the day after we got him home

I have some questions, but will post them later as I am on lunch at work right now.

Donna Bailey

Hello Donna and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Bailey.

May I ask the name of the breeder you got your grey from as I live in Virginia, maybe I know of them?

I hear ya, you are owned by Bailey, a lot of us feel like we are our grey's slaves, we do most anything to make them happy and buy whatever it takes to keep them contented and safe. But we wouldn't trade it for all the gold in China, they are priceless in our eyes.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have, we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

If you have some pictures of Bailey you would like to share with us we would love to see him.:P

Welcome Donna!!!

It's great to have you finally come out and announce the wonderful news on bringing your new Grey home.

We'll look forward to hearing much more about him and also seeing those photos when you get a chance. :-)

Thank you both for the welcome.

To answer judygram's question, the breeder was Mountain Ridge Avairies, in Mt Solo - Jeanette Gunther. She was very nice.