NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

MBS strikes again!

siobha9

I have to confess that Multiple Bird Syndrome struck again in my house. But I am DEFINITELY blaming the kids. We bought a cockatiel buddy for our lonely cockatiel and fell in love with a little yellow budgie as well :whistle:

Our cockatiel is called Rosie, so the new kid is called Jim! (Kids program about 2 ragdolls called Rosie and Jim). And the yellow budgie was christened Tweety.

If anybody knows of a cure for this disease PLEASE let me know, before I have to move out of the house to make room for the birds!

Awww, cute photo Siobha. :-)

Well MBS is striking here again too. Our Breeder has several chicks of various species and we can't resist the Jendays. So, we'll be bringing one home in 6 weeks.

Wish I could bring home a sulfur crested cockatoo, a blue and gold Macaw also, but my wife squelched that dream right out of the starting gate.

I'll get photos of the Jenday clutch when we go over to visit today. :-)

Honestly, arent spouses just the limit? My hubby got a bit miffed over our little guys too... but as I pointed out, I'm the one that does the washing, and feeding and changing... of his grey too! He soon changed the subject :evil:

Siobhan there is no cure for MBS but if you want to blame the kids sure, we believe ya, yeah right:whistle:

At least you got small type birds and they are cute too, love the cockatiels, thanks for sharing some pics of them with us.

Dan, I guess you got it too, it gets the best of us and you are no exception but you are getting a jenday, I can't wait to see pics.

Sorry Kim squelched your cockatoo and macaw additions but she has the word you know:laugh: :whistle: ;) B)

Judy - Yeah, darn it, women always have the last 2000 words, due to us men average 2000 a day and women average 4,000. :-)

Siobha - You amde excellent points with your hubby and you got to bring home multiple birds. Way to go!!

I'll post some photos this afternoon. :-)

Yes Rosie and Jim is about 2 rag dolls living on a barge somewhere in England... Rosie was named for her rosy cheeks, and sure the 2nd lad had to be Jim!

Well truth be told Dan, I brought home the birds, and then made the excellent points :whistle: But a Jenday is really cool. Yes lots of pictures for the Nursery room please!

I hadn't thought of the Nursery Room. I thought it was probably on for Greys?

Hmmm, I'll PM Tracy. :-)

Darn it, thats where I went wrong. I should have just shown up with ALL the Parrots at home and then asked her, where you want them? :-)

danmcq wrote:

I hadn't thought of the Nursery Room. I thought it was probably on for Greys?

Aw you are probably right... didnt think of that, but a baby bird is a baby bird... still ugly and bald right:lol: :lol: :whistle: ?

I dont think presenting the birds at home after the fact works for men... you see we still hold the childbirth card, that one is good for about 60 years ;)

Ok all your beautiful Women, thats enough rubbing in!! ;-) How do you figure 60 years? I thought it was enough punishment for us men, when you decided to demonstrate how painful childbirth was, by pulling our bottom lip up over our heads to share the pain with us. :-)

I am taking the smart way, took Kim with me, she sees the babies, falls in love with them and the gets the "Brilliant" idea that we must rescue one of them. ;-) B)

Yes that one works too, in both directions. That's how I got Beaker the caique. Told my hubby the story of how he had been neglected, and kept in the garden shed, embellished the story a little and next thing you know I am en route to pick him up :)