NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greenworks Cleaner

smithie007

I use it, it's made by Clorox...it's main ingredient, at least in the multi surface cleaner, is coconut oil...or at least it's derived from that.

It's not fumeless, and it's still a cleaner, so I would keep it away from close contact with your birdy, but it's definitely better than other household cleaners.

The less fragrant part sounds nice. I was hoping to be able to use it in the cage and for some of the non-porous toys. The regular avian disinfecant that i found seems to be too much for me to buy right now. Stupid college student budget!:silly: ;) :laugh: :P

It smells like...plants... kind of like if you were smash up a flower leaf :) It's very mild. There are like 3 different types of "green works". A bathroom/kitchen cleaner, an "all surface" cleaner, and a toiler cleaner. The only one I have personally used so far is the all surface, but as soon as I need more of the others I will probably switch.

It'll clean everything that's dirty. Any bacterior that's in the dirt will be killed until the next time the cage needs to be cleaned. Same as everything else in a house that needs to be cleaned. Buying all of those so called bird safe cleaners is insane--just a rip off. People are being taken advantage of. Vinegar and water has been around for ages and as a person owns a bird longer and longer, that person realizes that those products are a waste of money. Like Mark said, a little vinegar and water and some elbow grease goes the trick . same with toys although toys rarely get hardened with diirt.

There is one extremely bad side effect of using the vinegar----Although the odor won't bother the bird, some will get very agitated and nervous because they think you're getting ready to use them as part of a chef's salad. Greys like eating off the table but they don't wanna be part of what's being eaten on the table.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/04/26 01:30