NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Seeking female Cag

nia

Hi, I'm so glad to find this site. I have a handsome male CAG who is desperate for a mate. I've been searching for a tame 5 to 15 year old female for the past few months. The few I've found are either sold by the time I find them, or the owner won't ship, or worse yet, the owner changes mind about selling. I am getting as frustrated as my poor Bird. Anybody out there have a gorgeous girl that needs a boyfriend? Pam

Hello Pam welcome to the forum :) I hope you will like it here and also that you will find a girl-friend for your lonely grey soon. But... there are many greys that live alone with their owners. Do you think they are all lonely? :unsure:

Oh he is not lonely(he is rarely alone), but he is very obviously sexually frustrated. There are some things we humans just can't provide. LOL I've had other parrots including another African Grey, but none have been anything near as lovesick as Bird. I've had Bird for about 7 years. I think he is 15 or 16. He's generally a happy guy, but he knows something is missing. No, I don't think all Greys are lonely, but some may need a mate more than others.

Hi Pam, I can understand what you mean about finding him a mate. I have a wild caught Timneh male that starting trying to mate with obscure things, this was years ago, I found him a girlfriend that was also wild caught and they ended up being the best of lovers! They are the parents of my little Lyric, it took them 10 years to be successful at breeding but it was worth the wait. Hopefully if you do get a girlfriend for Bird they will be compatible. Best of luck in your search.