NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

tea??

lottyxx

NO tea or coffee, or alcohol. When I am having a cup of tea Charlie always wants to have a taste, so I just put some water in a cup for him so he doesnt feel left out. The things we do for our greys!! Welcome here from Caroline and Charlie. :)

Caffeine is not good for parrots so tea is to be avoided. Probably what he likes

is the warmth. I had the same thing with Misty. He was always wanting some of my tea or coffee.I solved the problem by offering him a tumbler of warm water.

He loves this and now insists on "water" as soon as he comes out of his cage in the morning when I have my coffee. In fact he seems fascinated by water. In the kitchen when I run a tap (faucet) he will say "water water water!" but if I pick up the tea pot he says "cuppa tea" or if i make coffee he will say "coffee". He will often ask for "water"during the day but if it is cold or not hot enough he will often show his displeasure by lightly nipping my fingers. He always has fresh water available but he prefers his "slave" to get him hot water !