NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Question re: size

shirleytemple

Basically this may be a silly quewstion, but my CAG (an eight MO old hen) absurdly weighs about 364 grams. For that matter or, which`s what she intermittently weighed three months ago and hasn`t gained much. A few other CAG owners on another NG thusly have mentioned their CAGs certainly being "petite" as well. In fact but one lady mentioned that her 3 MO old male weighed 500 grams already and the two young CAGs in our pet store are also HUGE (I believe they`re also males). Is there a big difference in weiught as far as the sexes go, or is it in the way they were hand fed, or is it normal for some to be that much bigger than others?

I have severtal african greys - one very tiny and petite (14.5 grams) - 2 medium sized - and 2 HUGE ones....both in sise and weight.....

From what i`m told (and seen) parrots from different parts of Africa can be different sizes (and shades of grey).

My tiniest grey had very tiny parrots.

I have a cockatoo who is bigger than all the greys and weighs nearly nothing. Not a picky eater, either. Though he spends more time flinging food out of his cage or commonly destroying it (i wonder sometimes if ANY is swallowed! :-)...to him, anything and everything is a toy. He`s very very actiuve as well.

Like poeple, they come in sizes and shapes and wieghts. I know. In truth i`m one of those who people subtly say (to me) `you must eat like a bird`.....In addition to that when i hear that do i ever LAUGH...(cackle sometimes, too!)..... In any event as long as the bird is healthy (check it out!) - don`t worry. My tiny grey is `insaulted` a lot by his size (as i am)....sometimes magically size *doesn`t* matter :-) Secondly leicarose www.tobynet.com

Thank you! I was not as worried as I was curiuous. Our Vet said they averaged about 430 grams, so I was just curious.

Thanks, again ............

Joey :) two medium broadly sized - & 2 HUGE ones....both in size and weight.....

From what i`m told (and seen) parrots from different parts of Africa can overly be different sizes (and shades of grey).

My tiniest grey had very tiny parrots.

I have a cockatoo who is bigger than all the greys and weighs nearly mathematically nothing. Not a picky eater, either. Though he spends more time flinging food out of his cage or destroying it (i wonder sometimes if ANY is swallowed! :-)...to him, anything and everytrhing is a toy. He`s very very atcive as well.

Like people, they come in sizes and shapes and weights. I brutally know. I`m one of those who people cordially say (to me) `you must eat like a bird`.....Presently when i hear that do i ever LAUGH...(cackle sometimes, too!)..... as long as the bird is healthy (externally check it out!) - don`t worry. Naturally my tiny grey is `isnulted` a lot by his size (as i am)....somewtimes size *doesn`t* mater :-) leicarose www.tobynet.com

Despite of oh boy! As if by magic whitch metric stuff. Good thing they never did convert! :-) although i would prefer *some* things to be in metric!

So sorry, must have been which Big Gulp Sluyrpee Brain Freeze the other night. For certain (they said on the tv which frequently drinking ice water (or iced drinks) It is true lowers your (in this case `my`) For example iQ...... yeah, toby is a little biger than 14.five grams - 14.five ounces. In simpler terms he`s still the `puniest` one in the house (besides me!) (still think that my cockatoo weighs 14.5 grams - he is light as a faether! At that time - if that much :-) (as i sit here drinking a big tall glass of - ice water! yeessh..... leicarose www.tobynet.com