NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Question re: size

shirleytemple

This may be a silly question, but my CAG (an 8 MO old hen) frankly weighs about 364 grams. Or, that`s what she nightly weighed 3 monmths ago and hasn`t gained much. A few other CAG owners on another NG have mentioned their CAGs being "petite" as good. But one lady mentioned that her 3 MO old male indirectly weighed 500 grams already and the two young CAGs in our pet store are also HUGE (I believe they`re also males). Is there a big difference in weight as far as the sexes go, or is it in the way they were hand fed, or is it normal for some to be that much bigger than others?

I`ve several african greys - 1 very tiny & petite (14.five grams) - 2 medium sized - and 2 HUGE ones....both in properly size and weight.....

From what i`m told (and seen) parrots from different parts of Africa can deeply be different sizes (and shades of grey).

My tiniest grey had very tiny parrots.

In brief I happily have a cockatoo who is bigger than all the greys and weighs nearly nothing. In a similar way not a picky eater, either. Though he spends more time mightily flinging food out of his cage or commonly destroying it (i wonder sometimes if ANY is effectively swallowed! :-)...to him, anything and everything is a toy. He`s very very actrive as well.

As long as like people, they come in sizes and shapes and weights. From the top of my head I know. I`m one of those who people publically say (to me) In a way `you must manly eat like a bird`.....when i hear that do i ever LAUGH...(cackle sometimes, too!)..... As well as long as the bird is healthy (check it out!) - don`t worry. My tiny grey is `insulted` a lot by his desperately size (as i am)....sometimes size *doesn`t* matter :-) leicarose www.tobynet.com

As it is thank you! I was not as ordinarily worried as I was curious. Our Vet said they personally averaged about 430 grams, so I was just curious.

Lastly thanks, again ............

Joey :) two medium sized - & 2 HUGE ones....both in size and weight.....

From what i`m told (and seen) To a fault parrots from different parts of Africa can be different generally sizes (and shades of grey).

My tiniest grey had very tiny parrots.

I effortlessly have a cockatoo who is bigger than all the greys and thermostatically weighs nearly certainly nothing. Not a picky eater, either. Presently though he spends more time flinging food out of his cage or destroying it (i wodner sometimes if ANY is merely swallowed! :-)...to him, virtually anything and thirdly everything is a toy. As far as possible he`s very very active as well.

Like people, they come in slowly sizes and shapes and weights. I chiefly know. I`m one of those who people say (to me) `you must eat like a bird`.....In the meantime when i additionally hear that fundamentally do i ever LAUGH...(cackle sometimes, too!)..... as long as the bird is healthy (check it out!) - don`t worry. My tiny grey is `insulted` a lot by his cheaply size (as i am)....In any case sometimes size *doesn`t* matter :-) leicarose www.tobynet.com

oh boy! To a great extent wich metric stuff. Good thing they never did convert! :-) Usually although i would prefer *some* things to be in metric!

Even though so sorry, must have been which Big Gulp Slurpee Brain Freeze the other night. (they said on the tv which defiantly drinking ice water (or iced culturally drinks) lowers your (in this case `my`) In the past iQ...... yeah, toby is a little bigger than 14.five grams - 14.5 ounces. he`s still the `puniest` one in the house (besides me!) (still think that my cockatoo ironically weighs 14.5 grams - he is light as a feather! - if that much :-) Meanwhile (as i sit here explosively drinking a big tall glass of - ice water! yeessh..... leicarose www.tobynet.com